If you have a purple dress in your wardrobe, you might be wondering what color lipstick to wear with it. Choosing the right lipstick shade can enhance your overall look and make you feel confident and beautiful. While there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to makeup, there are some general guidelines you can follow to help you choose the perfect lipstick shade for your purple dress.
Nude lipsticks are a safe and versatile option that can complement any shade of purple. Nude beige and nude pink lipsticks are great choices if you want a natural, understated look. For a bolder look, you can go for pink, red, or berry shades. Plum lipstick can also look stunning with a purple dress, especially if you have a darker skin tone.
When choosing a lipstick shade, it’s important to consider the occasion and your personal style. If you’re going to a formal event, you might want to opt for a classic red lipstick. If you prefer a more casual look, a pink or berry lipstick can be a great choice. Ultimately, the most important thing is to choose a shade that makes you feel confident and beautiful.
Understanding the Color Wheel
When it comes to choosing a lipstick shade to wear with a purple dress, it’s important to understand the color wheel. The color wheel is a tool that can help you determine which colors complement each other and which colors clash. By understanding the color wheel, you can choose a lipstick shade that will enhance the beauty of your purple dress.
The color wheel is divided into three categories: primary colors, secondary colors, and tertiary colors. Primary colors are red, yellow, and blue. Secondary colors are created by mixing two primary colors together. For example, orange is created by mixing red and yellow, green is created by mixing yellow and blue, and purple is created by mixing blue and red. Tertiary colors are created by mixing a primary color with a secondary color. For example, red-orange is a tertiary color created by mixing red and orange.
When it comes to choosing a lipstick shade to wear with a purple dress, you should consider complementary colors. Complementary colors are colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. For purple, the complementary color is yellow. So, a yellow-toned lipstick shade, such as coral or peach, would complement a purple dress nicely.
Another option is to choose an analogous color. Analogous colors are colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. For purple, the analogous colors are blue and red. So, a blue-toned lipstick shade, such as berry or plum, or a red-toned lipstick shade, such as brick or cherry, would also complement a purple dress well.
Complementary Colors for Purple
When choosing a lipstick color to wear with a purple dress, it’s important to consider complementary colors. Complementary colors are colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. For purple, the complementary color is yellow. However, wearing yellow lipstick may not be the most flattering option. Instead, consider these complementary colors:
- Nude Beige: A nude beige lipstick can help balance out a bold purple dress and give a natural, effortless look. This is a great option for daytime events or when you want to keep the focus on your dress.
- Pink: A light pink lipstick can add a touch of femininity to a purple dress. This is a great option for weddings or other formal events.
- Taupe: A taupe lipstick can add depth and dimension to a purple dress. This is a great option for evening events or when you want to add a bit of drama to your look.
- Purple: If you want to go all out, consider wearing a lipstick that matches your dress. This can create a bold, cohesive look. Just make sure to choose a shade that complements your skin tone.
- Red: A red lipstick can add a pop of color to a purple dress. This is a great option for a date night or when you want to make a statement.
- Berry: A berry lipstick can add a touch of glamour to a purple dress. This is a great option for a holiday party or other festive event.
- Plum: A plum lipstick can add richness and depth to a purple dress. This is a great option for fall events or when you want to create a sultry look.
Remember, when choosing a lipstick color to wear with a purple dress, it’s important to consider your skin tone as well. What looks great on one person may not look as flattering on another. Experiment with different shades and find the one that makes you feel confident and beautiful.
Neutral Lipstick Shades for Purple Dresses
When it comes to choosing a lipstick color for a purple dress, neutral shades are always a safe bet. They complement the dress without drawing too much attention away from it. Here are some neutral lipstick shades to consider:
- Nude Beige: This is a classic neutral shade that works well with any purple dress. It’s a great choice if you want a natural, understated look.
- Nude Pink: If you want a slightly more colorful option, nude pink is a great choice. It adds a subtle pop of color without being too bold.
- Taupe: Taupe is a warm, earthy shade that pairs well with deeper shades of purple. It’s a great choice if you want a slightly more dramatic look.
When choosing a neutral lipstick shade, it’s important to consider your skin tone. If you have fair skin, lighter shades like nude beige and nude pink will work well. If you have a darker complexion, you may want to opt for a slightly darker shade like taupe.
It’s also important to consider the finish of your lipstick. Matte and satin finishes are great choices for a more sophisticated look, while glossy finishes can add a touch of glamour to your outfit.
Overall, neutral lipstick shades are a great choice for a purple dress. They’re versatile, easy to wear, and complement the dress without overpowering it.
Bold Lipstick Shades for Purple Dresses
If you’re looking to make a statement with your lipstick and purple dress, bold shades are the way to go. Here are some bold lipstick shades that will complement your purple dress:
- Red: A classic red lipstick can add a touch of glamour to your purple dress. Choose a shade that complements your skin tone, whether it’s a bright cherry red or a deeper burgundy.
- Berry: A berry lipstick can add a pop of color to your look without being too overwhelming. Look for shades with blue undertones to complement the cool tones in your purple dress.
- Deep Plum: For a dramatic look, go for a deep plum lipstick. This shade will complement the purple tones in your dress and create a bold, sophisticated look.
When wearing bold lipstick shades, it’s important to keep the rest of your makeup minimal. Opt for a natural-looking foundation, light blush, and simple eye makeup to let your bold lipstick shade take center stage.
Remember, confidence is key when wearing bold lipstick shades. If you feel good in your lipstick, you’ll look good too!
Choosing the perfect lipstick shade to wear with a purple dress can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. After researching and compiling the best options, it’s clear that there are many different shades that will complement a purple dress beautifully.
Nude beige, pale lavender, and light mauve are all great options for a light purple dress. For a darker purple dress, consider a bold red or a deep berry shade. And if you’re feeling daring, a bright pink or coral can add a pop of color and fun to your look.
Ultimately, the key is to experiment and find what works best for you and your personal style. Don’t be afraid to try something new and step out of your comfort zone. With these options in mind, you’ll be sure to find the perfect lipstick shade to complete your purple dress look.
Hi guys. My name is Anne, and I am the co-writer on Primal Pendants. I am a personal stylist and single mother of two beautiful girls. Besides working in fashion and being a mother, I am a very spiritual person and I have a deep interest in astrology and gemstones.