Mom jeans have made a comeback in recent years, with many younger women and teenagers embracing the high-waisted, relaxed-fit style. However, while mom jeans may look great on some body types, they may not be the best choice for everyone. In fact, certain body types may find that mom jeans do not flatter their figure and can actually make them look less attractive. Before we dig deeper into that – let me say this: I am strictly speaking from a professional point of view! Anyone should of course wear whatever they want to.
Alright. That being said. If you have a rectangular or apple-shaped body type, you may want to avoid mom jeans. These body types tend to have a straighter waistline and may not have as much definition in the hip and thigh area. Mom jeans, with their high waist and loose fit, can exaggerate this lack of definition and make the body appear boxy or shapeless.
Similarly, if you have a petite frame, mom jeans may not be the best choice for you. The high waistline can make your legs appear shorter, and the loose fit can overwhelm your small frame. Instead, opt for jeans with a lower waistline and a slimmer fit to elongate your legs and create a more balanced silhouette.
Body Types to Avoid
Mom jeans are a popular style of denim that can suit a variety of body types. However, there are certain body types that may not be as flattering in mom jeans. Here are some body types to consider when deciding if mom jeans are right for you:
- Apple-shaped: If you carry most of your weight in your midsection, mom jeans may not be the best fit for you. The high waistband of mom jeans can accentuate your midsection and make it appear larger.
- Pear-shaped: If you have wider hips and a smaller waist, mom jeans may not be the most flattering option for you. The loose fit of mom jeans can make your hips look wider and your waist appear smaller.
- Hourglass-shaped: If you have a curvy figure with a defined waist, mom jeans can sometimes make your hips look wider and your waist appear less defined.
- Straight-shaped: If you have a straight body shape with little definition between your waist and hips, mom jeans may not be the most flattering option for you. The loose fit of mom jeans can make your figure appear boxy.
It’s important to remember that these are just guidelines and everyone’s body is different. If you love the look of mom jeans and feel confident in them, then go for it!
Alternative Styles for Different Body Types
While mom jeans can be a great option for some body types, they may not be the best choice for everyone. Here are some alternative styles that can flatter different body types:
- Pear-shaped: Bootcut or flared jeans can balance out wider hips and thighs.
- Hourglass-shaped: High-waisted skinny jeans can accentuate curves and create a streamlined silhouette.
- Apple-shaped: Straight-leg jeans can elongate the legs and create a more balanced look.
- Petite: Cropped jeans can create the illusion of longer legs, while high-waisted styles can elongate the torso.
- Tall: Wide-leg or flared jeans can balance out a taller frame and create a more proportional look.
Remember, it’s all about finding the right fit and style for your body type. Don’t be afraid to try on different styles and sizes until you find the perfect pair of jeans for you.
While mom jeans can be a trendy and comfortable option for many, they may not be the best choice for everyone. Here are some body types that may want to avoid mom jeans:
- Pear-shaped: If you carry most of your weight in your hips and thighs, mom jeans may make you look wider in these areas.
- Apple-shaped: If you carry most of your weight in your midsection, mom jeans may draw attention to this area and make you look rounder.
- Petite: If you’re shorter in stature, mom jeans may overwhelm your frame and make you look shorter.
- Straight-shaped: If you have a straight and narrow body shape, mom jeans may not provide enough definition and shape to your figure.
Of course, these are just general guidelines and everyone has their own unique body shape and style preferences. Ultimately, the decision to wear mom jeans or not should be based on how they make you feel and how they fit your body. If you love the look of mom jeans and feel confident and comfortable wearing them, don’t let anyone else’s opinions stop you!
Hi guys. My name is Anne, and I am the co-writer on Primal Pendants. I am a personal stylist and single mother of two beautiful girls. Besides working in fashion and being a mother, I am a very spiritual person and I have a deep interest in astrology and gemstones.